This Week's Puzzle
This assignment is due before 9 AM, Friday, September 8th, 2000.
- Puzzle solutions are due by 9:00 AM on Friday of each week.
- Puzzles are worth 5 points of extra credit each.
- Answers must be accompanied by valid reasoning. Just like the tests, the answer alone isn't enough!
- Each week, the first student to submit a correct answer will recieve the stylish
- Previous winners get a "virtual t-shirt." No shirt, but a chance to win a prize with actual value at the end of the semester (often a book, or maybe software).
- Please enter your solution in the text area at the bottom of this page. DON'T FORGET TO GIVE YOUR NAME!
The figure above shows five different processes (labeled a-e) that each lead from an initial state (P = 3 atm., V = 1 m3) to a final state (P = 1 atm., V = 3 m3).
Please answer each of the following questions.
For which process is W the largest? The smallest?
For which process is Q the largest? The smallest?
Don't forget to explain your answer as clearly as possible.
This site is made possible by funding from the National Science Foundation (DUE-9981111).
©2000 IUPUI, all rights reserved.
©2001 A. Gavrin and G. Novak, all rights reserved.